Romance Slam Jam is only one month away! Which is why I don’t have time to write much–I’m too busy preparing for this absolutely fabulous conference. Because, yes, co-host author Shelia Goss and I are determined to make this year’s RSJ the best ever.
We’re down to weeks instead of months, so it’s time to start thinking about what you’ll pack (do you have your outfit for the Emma’s? It’s a “Sunday Best” event). If you haven’t done so yet, start looking into all the wonderful things to do on our Friday night trip into downtown New Orleans. Plan to just walk around the French Quarter? Drop a few coins in the slot machines at Harrah’s Casino? Treat yourself to a once-in-a-lifetime meal at one of NOLA’s world renown restaurants? The possibilities are limitless. Plan to have a ball!
And now that we have a tentative schedule of the workshops and events available, you can plan out how you’ll spend your days, too. Are you an aspiring writer? There are so many workshops to help you learn the craft and business of writing that you will be inspired to finally get that book finished once you leave RSJ. Don’t forget to sign up to pitch to Harlequin Kimani Editor Shannon Criss! Readers, there is much for you, too. In addition to panels with your favorite authors running at every hour, there’s also fun workshops planned to discuss your favorite books and romance genres! Are you a published author who’s thinking of going the hybrid route and self-publishing your own work? Then you do not want to miss our special presentation with Smashwords founder and CEO Mark Coker.
There is definitely something for everyone at this year’s Romance Slam Jam. The most important thing, however, is making connections and having fun! It’s almost time for us to start Romancing the Big Easy, y’all! I can’t wait to see you all in NOLA!
2 Comments to Host Check In
Leave a comment
A Romance Slam Jam Reunion
Recent Slam Jam Posts
- RSJ 20 Year Anniversary T-Shirts and Booklets March 5, 2015
- Romance Slam Jam News March March 1, 2015
- Host Check In March 1, 2015
- Romance Slam Jam News – February 2015 February 1, 2015
- Host Check In February 1, 2015
- RSJ 2015 Keynote Luncheon Featuring Speaker Gwendolyn Osborne January 26, 2015
- Passing of a Black Romance Pioneer January 17, 2015
- Romance Slam Jam News – January January 3, 2015
- Host Check In January 3, 2015
- RSJ Family Book Club Book Discussions by Regina Hart January 3, 2015
- Love Changes by Eartha Watts-Hicks January 3, 2015
- Congratulations 2015 Emma Award Finalists! December 27, 2014