Can you believe there is only a month until the Slam Jam! I’m so excited. I have my ticket and am ready to see you in NOLA!
Good News! We are extending regular registration until Saturday April 5. Several readers have contacted us asking to see the schedule so they can decide if they want to attend. The schedule is not final yet, but we are putting up what has been created thus far to give you an idea of what you’ll be missing if you don’t attend.
RSJ Tentative Schedule – This is still being filled out and will change.
Regular Registration Extension: To use the extension, you MUST pay via Paypal by 5 April. There WILL NOT be an additional extension. The address to send the payment to is on the registration form.
Over the next week or so, people who have changed their mind about attending will be releasing their room. If you booked a room at one of the nearby hotels, you may want to call the RSJ Hotel from time to time to see if they have rooms open in one of our blocks. The RSJ block is $122 a night and the RSS block is $132 a night. Hilton New Orleans Airport: 1.504.469.5000
Destiny’s Embrace by Beverly Jenkins has made it to the final four of the DABWAHA Tournament, the romance version of March Madness. Team Beverly has fought hard to make it this far and plan to take it all the way!
Suit up for Team Beverly and join in on the fun. Saturday, 5 April, is the match between Destiny’s Embrace and Captive Prince by CS Pacat. The author with the most votes wins the round.
CS Pacat is an international author, so we have a US as well as overseas fan base to contend with. CS received over 2000 votes in the last round and has been posting on blogs, Goodreads, FB, Twitter, EVERYWHERE soliciting votes, but Beverly can still pull this off with her RSJ Family behind her. Come Saturday, we need you to bring it on! Please vote for Destiny’s Embrace and start encouraging others to vote (only one vote per device or both contestants will be disqualified).
When voting opens, I’ll send out a post with a nice graphic you can share. Thank you and let’s have some FUN. GO TEAM BEVERLY! http://dabwaha.com
That’s it for now. Be sure to check out the Host Check In with Farrah Rochon.
See you in NOLA
1 Comment to Romance Slam Jam News April
Leave a comment
A Romance Slam Jam Reunion
Recent Slam Jam Posts
- RSJ 20 Year Anniversary T-Shirts and Booklets March 5, 2015
- Romance Slam Jam News March March 1, 2015
- Host Check In March 1, 2015
- Romance Slam Jam News – February 2015 February 1, 2015
- Host Check In February 1, 2015
- RSJ 2015 Keynote Luncheon Featuring Speaker Gwendolyn Osborne January 26, 2015
- Passing of a Black Romance Pioneer January 17, 2015
- Romance Slam Jam News – January January 3, 2015
- Host Check In January 3, 2015
- RSJ Family Book Club Book Discussions by Regina Hart January 3, 2015
- Love Changes by Eartha Watts-Hicks January 3, 2015
- Congratulations 2015 Emma Award Finalists! December 27, 2014